DU 4.0 and squid 1.1.10?

From: <jprovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

I combed the archives and have tried directly-mailing people that have
written they are using digital unix, but I need to get some assistance,
so I'm actually posting.

We're using DU 4.0, and had been working with squid 1.1.10, trying to
finally get off of harvest. Unfortunately, even when built with real
(gnu) malloc libs, squid seems to bloat its footprint beyond the
capacities of the machine on which it is running.

- anyone with DU4.0 on the list and active?
- should we be using a more-recent-tho-possibly-broken squid?
- anyone have a good recommendation for cpu/mem/swap on a DU box for
  this /some other version of squid?

Thanks in advance and Cheers,

joe

--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         800.763.8111 x3006
Network Operations Center                            Fax   508.229.2375