Re: DNS Errors

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Jeff Halper wrote:

> I'm getting lots of DNS errors today from SD and SV - and when I turn
> off the proxy server and use my own dns it usually works OK.
>
> Any ideas? Are others noticing this too?

Yes, this morning at around 9:00am EDT, it seemed as if the only DNS
information we were getting was cached info from our local servers. This
meant that not only was web access failing, but also e-mail was being
unceremoniously bounced left and right. It finally cleared up here around
10:00am EDT, and everything's working fine now.

        -Mike Pelletier.