Again: dead parents

From: <chet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:41:23 -0400

I just got Squid 1.1.11, and sucked down the mailing-list, and scanned
the entire thing, looking for a solution to this problem. I apologize
if I've just missed it in my search.

It doesn't seem to me, from looking at the code, that there's any way
that a dead neighbor, once truly dead, can ever be resuscitated, so to
speak.

Is this an omission? Is there some config parameter I'm missing? I
checked all the places where the "ack_deficit" field is zeroed, and
they're all in places where they'll never get executed, once we mark a
neighbor dead.

Thanks in advance,
--chet--