Re: neighbor_type_domain for ACLs?

From: Elfredy V. Cadapan <evc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 18:21:34 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Hermelito Go wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Elfredy V. Cadapan wrote:
>
> > My questions:
> >
> > is there a version of the neighbor_type_domain parameter that allows my
> > squid to use a neighbor as parent for ftp, and sibling for all else? i.e:
> >
> > acl ftp proto ftp
> > neighbor_type_acl sv.cache.nlanr.net parent ftp
> >
> try this:
>
> hierarchy_stoplist ftp://

No, I don't want to stop ftp access from my users... I want to route all
ftp traffic through my second parent, both hits and misses...

currently, since I'm treating the other proxy as sibling, all I'm getting
through it is ftp hits. ftp misses still go DIRECT. if I make it a
parent, some of my http traffic will pass through the second parent,
which I do not want (because it's a lot slower than parent1). in short, I
want parent1 as an http parent, and parent2 as an ftp parent. I tried
weighted parents... doesn't seem to work.

 Elfredy Cadapan
  Computer Science Instructor and Professional Nerd
  Institute of Computer Science, UP at Los Banos
  Home page : http://www.uplb.edu.ph/~evc/