New Linux/SunOS-compatible retry patch...

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:42:44 -0400 (EDT)

I fixed the compilation problems that SunOS and Linux users were having
with my 1.1.14 connection-retry patch. The new patch file is:

        ftp://ftp.comshare.com/pub/squid/retry-1.1.14.patch

The original patch is in "retry-1.1.14.patch.old".

The new patch is a patch to the original 1.1.14 distribution, so don't
try to apply it to the patched version of the code. To remove the
original patch, move the *.orig files that were created by patch back into
place. Don't forget about include/version.h.orig.

I haven't extensively tested this new patch yet, as I just finished
writing it, but the mechanics of the connection retry have been running
fine here in the 1.1.10 version of Squid for the past few weeks, and
there's no substantive difference between the implementations of this
feature in 1.1.10 and 1.1.14. (Anyone had any more luck tracking down
those sementation fault crashes?)

And again, if you want to see a sample of the IP cache contents running
the retry patch, take a look at proxy.comshare.com's cachemgr.cgi. No
password is needed for this and certain other functions.

        -Mike Pelletier.