Re: Communicator..

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:20:34 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Umar Goldeli wrote:

> I was just wondering whether there are any patches (or even better a
> new version of squid with a "fix_communicator_4" config option :) that
> fixes the problem with Communicator..

There are some patches floating around, but there exists some concern that
the solution to this problem may be a little more complicated than a
simple patch.

FWIW, I recommend that you (as I have done) contact Netscape and explain
to them that this is a bug in their browser (which, IMHO, it is) - you can
even use their on-line bug-reporting forms (on their Web site). Tell them
the browser is broken, that this is an important/very serious problem, and
that if they don't fix it you'll junk their product and ensure everyone
else does too! Oops, did I say that last bit?? ;-)

Really, there's only a certain extent to which Squid (or any product for
that matter) can be "broken" just so that works with, or accounts for
problems in other products (and some solutions are obviously going to
conflict); we really have to push at least some of the burden back onto
the people making the mistakes in the first place (in this case,
Netscape).

Cheers..

dave