Cannot bind socket FD XX tp <ip-dest-addr>:0: (99) Cannot assign requested address

From: Henrik Zawischa <Henrik_Zawischa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:51:43 +0200

Hi,

I'm rather a newbee. So this might be a question easy to answer.

We've got a squid 1.14 on linux. The machine is configured as a firewall as
well and is supposed to act as a tranparent proxy (see FAQ 5.6).

It first works, thenn squid suddenly kin of freezes. No reply to the
browsers. When I look at cache.log, I've got loads of the following
messages (in a frequency lower than seconds):

Cannot bind socket FD XX tp <ip-dest-addr>:0: (99) Cannot assign requested
address

I searched the mail-archive, the FAQ and all kind of docu I could find, no
explanation. What is it? How can I get squid to run stable? Is there a
complete documentation of the Error Messages?

Henrik Zawischa
SPC Computer Training GmbH
Hamburg
Germany