Re: Most Stable Squid

From: Edward Henigin <ed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:38:24 -0500

        you might be seeing FD exhaustion..

        find the publicly available utility 'lsof' (a must have in
any sysadmin's toolbox, IMHO), and do an 'lsof -p <pid>' on the
squid process, and see how many FD's it's using.

        Our squid process exhibits the same problems every week or two,
BUT we're not running port redirectors. We see the same symptoms,
we kill the squid process to restart it, and everything works fine..

        Ed