server config advice?

From: Nick Clements <nickle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:52:18 +1000

Hello All,

We are hopefully about to provide a proxy server for a 4 Meg link and
were hoping for some free advice.
We will have a 512Mb ram linux basedsystem with 32Gb of cache disk. We
have 4Gb GB Barracuda fast-wide cache drives at present, is fast wide
the go or are we better off using other types of drives? We are
intending to run these on a RAID controller splitting 4 cache drives per
SCSI channel ( the RAID is being used to provide 3 channels - 1 for
system boot(RAID 5) and 2 for cache disks running RAID 0). Any other
considerations given we are expecting approximately 2 million plus
hits/day?

Much Appreciated