Re: Q: Linux and gnumalloc

From: Jonathan Larmour <JLarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:57:48 +0100

At 09:16 15/08/97 +0200, Gero J. Dittmer wrote:
>>From discussions here and the FAQ I understand, that my problems with
squid eating memory are related to a poorly implemented malloc. Currently I
restart squid twice per week to circumvent the problem.

>./configure says that gnumalloc canīt be found. Could someone please come
up with a clearcut way to add gnumalloc to a Linux/Squid setup (Slackware
on 2.0.29) ? Which file to download, perhaps how to install ?

You shouldn't need gnumalloc on Linux. If you look at the cache manager,
under the "Cache Information" page, it should give you some statistics
returned from mallinfo(), and Squid's total accounted usage. Can you post
the results here?

Ta,

Jonathan L.

Origin UK,323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,England. Tel: +44(1223)423355
-------[ It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has ]-------
----------------[ plenty of work to do - Jerome K. Jerome ]-----------------
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my own fault