Re: ERR_READ_ERROR on SGI web site

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 97 09:11:01 +0200

On Monday 1 September 97, at 14 h 25, the keyboard of Andrew Moar
<ccam@spiral2.its.latrobe.edu.au> wrote:

> We're running squid v1.1.14 on a Digital Unix V4.0B box, neighbouring with

Almost the same configuration.

> serving over 500K TCP request per day. We have recently encountered a
> problem with the SGI web site (http://www.sgi.com). When the proxy isn't

Same site.

> used, everything is fine. Through the proxy, the following error is
> given:

It seems there is a misunderstanding between SGI's server and Digital Unix. It's not Squid-related. Try to reach te Web server with telnet, or url_get, you'll have the same problem. But, if your siblings are not Digital Unix machines, they can retrieve it.

Investigation in progress... May be a "Maximum MTU discovery" which is broken on SGI's side?