Re: HIT rate first level Web cache compared to Top-level Web cac

From: Jan Torreele <Jan.Torreele@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:14:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I brought forward this point already earlier in the list. We should first
define what a HIT is, before starting to compare. The hit rates reported by
cachemgr, squidstats, squidtimes, spa and other log file analysis scripts
vary wildly (from 10% to 40% for the same day). Shouldn't we all agree on
using one simple awk or perl script to calculate the hit rate so as to
assure that we all talk about the same thing? Alternatively we could
all agree upon using the hitrate as reported by the cachemgr (btw. can
somebody tell me how cachemgr calculates its hitrate?)

Cheers,

--
Jan Torreele				E-mail: Jan.Torreele@belnet.be
BELNET Service Support Team		Tel.:	 +32 (0) 2 / 238 34 70