problem

From: David Koski <dkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

Just wondering if someone could help me out since I'm brand new to this
squid stuff ;)...

I noticed that my squid configuration appears to work normally most of the
time, but going to sites like sunsolve.sun.com, or www.cnet.com, either
the whole page or certain images go direct instead of caching. The
squid.conf file is setup to only go direct on local domains and IPs, and
these images are certainly smaller than the size I have specified not to
cache. In regards to sunsolve.sun.com, the whole page goes direct, which
is baffling to me. Any thoughts?

        David

UMNet MichNet CICNet Merit RSNG
dkoski@umich.edu Computer Systems Consultant II
Spectrum Administration Network Operations Center
Unix Administration U of M Information Technology Division
Phone: (313)/647-8993