My cache stays empty

From: Jeff Halper <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 06:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

I rebuilt my proxy server with 1.1.16.

It's set up to use sd, sv, and pa as parents.

It's on a new virgin hard drive, so no prior cache info is in there -
it's like a brand new installation. My old proxy seemed to always
maintain a 4-gig cache of it's own. This one, everything is a TCP_MISS,
PARENT_HIT. Why doesnt it add the missed files to my internal cache like
the old one did? Wouldn't it take some load off of the parents if I
cached some stuff here? And wouldn't access to stuff I cached locally be
accessed a bit faster?

Hope someone out there has a clue as to what, if anything, is wrong.

BTW - I did not create a new squid.conf - I just copied the old one from
1.1.10 to the new squid.

Jeff Halper
Internet Hotline
408/881-1000