Re: squid die (malloc error) on AIX 4.2.1

From: Mike Shoyher <msh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:08:01 +0400

At 14:41 11.09.97 +0800, you wrote:

> We are setup a squid (1.1.14) on powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1, and we used
>native AIX C compiler to make the execute program. Sometime the squid will
>die for malloc error, but we have 327 Mbyte memory.

Try NOVM flavor. I use NOVM with 16 Gb cache and it is working fine.
'Classic' version uses RAM to store all active objects and when users
download, for instance, new Netscape from ten various mirrors, it can
consume a lot of RAM (14 Mb * 10). Once grown squid never shrink back so I
decided to move to NOVM version ang give control of virtual memory to OS
(UNIX does it well ;-)

-

Mike Shoyher [MSH1-RIPE] msh@corbina.net

Corbina Telecom