Re: squid die (malloc error) on AIX 4.2.1

From: Mike Shoyher <msh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:53:13 +0400

At 09:33 11.09.97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Mike Shoyher wrote:
>> Try NOVM flavor. I use NOVM with 16 Gb cache and it is working fine.
>Is there a performance degradation involved by not letting Squid use all
>the memory it needs?

In 'classic' flavor you simply cannot limit amount of used memory.
Squid will use all memory it need plus some memory for URL index and for
cache_mem.

I see no difference in perfomance between NOVM and 'classic' versions. Look
at the test on http://squid.nlanr.net.

-

Mike Shoyher [MSH1-RIPE] msh@corbina.net

Corbina Telecom