Performance Tuning squid on Sun UE1

From: Jamie Wilson <jamie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:15:14 +0000

Hi,

I have squid 1.15 installed on a fairly standard Sun Ultra Enterprise 1
170, but I seem to be getting less than optimal performance out of it.
At the moment, from my brief tests, I seem to be getting throughput of
around 1.4kbps over a 33.6kbps modem (even when downloading cached
objects). If I turn off caching I generally get full 3.something kbps
throughput (our provider has bandwidth to burn at the moment).

I figure there must be some tweaking that needs to be done - either to
squid or Solaris, but, unfortunately, i'm not really sure where to start
digging around.

If anyone could help (even if it's only saying that I need to provide
more information!) I would appreciate it - privately or to the list.

Regards,
Jamie Wilson
zusammen limited