Questions regarding using Squid to throttle traffic to web server?

From: Thomas Schenk <tschenk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:24:31 -0500 (CDT)

I have been playing with an idea about using Squid to throttle traffic to
a web server running Apache and need some feedback on if this might work,
even if we have to hack it to work.

1. Have a number of machines running Squid, listening to port 80.
2. These machines forward requests to our regular web server.
3. Squid filters the response from the web server in order to add
    some information to the HTML before it reaches the client, like
    altering an image tag to point to a different image, even if the
    data served to the client is from the Squid cache.

Does anyone think that this would be possible? If not, why? Please
respond directly to me. My subscription to this list has not yet been
processed and I would hate to miss any responses.

Tom Schenk
Systems Administrator

--
| Tom Schenk            | Use Linux!              | All opinions expressed |