My parent stopped responding, and it messed me up...

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:01:12 -0400 (EDT)

I think I must have something misconfigured in my squid.conf, because I
was under the impression that if a parent cache stopped responding, that
my cache would just start doing direct fetches until it came back online.
Instead, my cache would only return HIT objects, and time out on
everything else.

cache_host cordite.merit.edu parent 3128 3130 weight=10

I also do not have inside_firewall set, single_parent_bypass is off. Are
there any other options that I'm missing? You can see the dropout at
14:00 yesterday on my MRTG graphs:
<http://proxy.comshare.com/monitor/squid.html>

        -Mike Pelletier.