Help Needed

From: Henry Alken <halken@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:30:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I would like to get some definitions:

1.
What is "If-Modified-Since" mean precisely?

2.
In the equation, AGE = NOW - OBJECT_DATE,
in which log files can I find NOW and OBJECT_DATE
and by what names are they called?

3.
In the equation, LM_AGE = OBJECT_DATE - LAST_MODIFIED_TIME,
in which log files can I find OBJECT_DATE and LAST_MODIFIED_TIME,
and by what names are they called?

4.
I have a page in the Squid from "www.weather.com".
It is many hours old.
The page currently being served from "www.weather.com" has been
updated several times, however, whenever I enter the URL
the same old page comes back.
Looking at the access.log, I noticed the first entry showed TCP_REFRESH_HIT.
The subsequent entries showed TCP_HIT when they were re-serving the old page.

5.
What is "304 Not Modified" mean?

Thanks for your help,

Henry Alken