Access to cache when DNS off-air

From: Michael Ryan <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 02:00:14 BST

Hi people,

I'm new to Squid (ran it up for the 1st time last week, on a FreeBSD
2.2.2 box) so this may be a dumb question. Please make allowances.

My link to the Internet is dial-up through a local ISP. Right now,
I've got a healthy cache on my Squid server but I can't access it
unless my Internet link is up.

Is there any way to tell Squid "hey, forget about checking with the
original server to see if the cache copy is up-to-date; just dole up
them thar pages in that thar cache"?

Bye,
Mike
<mike@NetworX.ie>