cache stoplist tweaking

From: Ben Stevens <stevensb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:11:09 -0700

hi again!

the problem: my users want up to the minute weather reports and
radar imagery from many of the popular weather sites...

but squid is caching these and keeping them around, not refreshing
them as often as they are changing.

I've added a couple tweaks to cache_stoplist, but this isn't a
very good catch-all:

# The default is to not cache URLs containing 'cgi-bin' or '?'.
#
cache_stoplist cgi-bin ? = mail profile iwin pl

I admit I probably have the refresh pattern wrong,:

#refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
refresh_pattern . 14400 90% 525600

but I want to _Maximize_ caching, with some small sacrifices
(i.e. user might have to click 'refresh' themselves)

Is it possible to build an ACL for cache_stoplist ? Or
perhaps can email me a "regex for dummies" guide as I
have no clue...

my setup:

Linux 3.0.30, squid-16-NOVM, 56k link, 113 users with win95/IE3.02,

- - - -
Ben Stevens | Information Systems | Lake Union Drydock Company