Re: ftpget is adding cr nl to the end of the lines

From: <Harald.T.Alvestrand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:28:01 +0200

Apologies for being so late in commenting...

Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com said:
> If you're fetching a text file, the only sane thing to do is to do an
> ASCII mode tranfer which always changes the line termination to CR/
> LF. Your browser should then see the MIME type text/plain or whatever
> and translate the CR/LF into the native line termination for your
> platform.

I disagree, but acknowledge that this is contentious.

Does Squid FTPGET honor the ;A and ;I modifiers specified in
RFC 1738?

If so, that would make it possible to force "I" mode in the case
that is creating trouble for us here in a reasonably clean fashion.

(I regard the "try to guess it" language in 1738 as a particularly
offensive example of standardizing things that work part of the time....
but have no better solution at the moment...)

                       Harald T. Alvestrand