Re: Stopping access to machines that don't have an in-addr.arpa. entry

From: Peter Wemm <peter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:02:14 +0800

Gavin Cameron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to stop squid from fetching pages from machines that
> don't have a valid in-addr.arpa entry?
>
> It seems that a lot of the porn sites just use IP addresses now, and I'd
> like to stop access to those sites.

I think I recall seeing something like this in use by microsoft for the
msie download selector or something like that. Blocking this too would be,
IMHO, good riddance! This is not the way to do load balancing or whatever
the hell they are/were trying to do. You end up with multiple copies of
the stuff in your cache since it's cached by IP address rather than domain
name.

Cheers,
-Peter