Re: Netscape freezes a while during DNS lookups

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:32:33 +0200

Hi

> When from Netscape Communicator 4.03 (using Squid) I'm clicking new
> unresolved hypertext links on the Web, I notice that
> Netscape is dropping it's foreground text en freezing with only
Are you sure that this isn't netscape doing the resolving?

I know with 3.0* of netscape if you did a DNS lookup in the java auto-config
script for a domain that took a long time to decide it didn't exist
netscape would freeze for the whole time.

Solution: Don't do dns lookups in the auto-config. note that this means
that you can't do stuff like 'isInNet'

Oskar