RE: Subscribe

From: Larmour, Jonathan <Jonathan.Larmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 15:40:23 +0100

Since it was DIRECT rather than TIMEOUT_DIRECT that can only mean
that something was forcing it not to cache, so the URL could either
be in a cache_stoplist or hierarchy_stoplist, or the browser
specified "Pragma: no-cache" so that it must be fetched direct. e.g.
someone hit Shift-reload in their browser, or someone's using the
Netscape Communicator beta's that have the bug that always means it
sends "Pragma: no-cache". Or if someone is using IE3, apparently (in
some versions?) if you tell it to check the cache all the time, then
instead of just checking the cache, it sends "Pragma: no-cache" with
it too!

Can you check if its one of these possibilities?

Jonathan L.
Origin, 323 Cambridge Science Park,Cambridge,UK. Tel:+44 (1223)
423355
 ---[ It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has ]---
 ------------[ plenty of work to do - Jerome K. Jerome ]-------------
Fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/ These opinions are all my fault