RE: LOG Files

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 01:22:00 -0500

Sanjay

Read the FAQ - there is a section which says that sending a SIGUSR1 to
the squid process, as in "kill -USR1 squid-pid", will do this.Of course
you have to use something to get squids PID, like the following

pid=`ps -e | grep -w squid | sed -e 's/^ *//' -e 's/ .*//'`

You can put this in a suitable CRON job to get it to work every day,
week, month, etc.

The config parameter logfile_rotate sets the number of logs to rotate
through for access.log, store.log, cache.log. After that number, old
logs are deleted, so at most you'll have logfile_rotate logs.

access.log -> access.log.0 -> access.log.1 .......access.log.n

Regards

Jason Armistead
armistej@oeca.otis.com