RE: Chaining of SSL proxies

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:12:00 -0500

Hi group

Thanks for all the hints, they worked just fine, and are repeated below.

Silly me for not reading the .conf files - I did check the FAQ and there
was nothing there. Looks like I need to blow myself a big fat
raspberry.

Duane's response regarding Javascript seems unnecessary for my site, in
light of the fact that our parent proxy (Netscape) is able to access
both our Intranet and the Internet through the firewall. However where
we don't want to bounce all the way across the Pacific and back, some
time in the future as our network evolves, it may be necessary to make
the switch.

For now we're running just fine.

Regards

Jason Armistead
armistej@oeca.otis.com

Squid currently has poor support for routing SSL requests. You might
not be able to make Squid forward the request as you need without
hacking the source code.

Your best bet would probably be Javascript...

Duane W.