Re: Cache index mangled?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 11:18:59 +1000

Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Dancer wrote:
> > Semi-amusing situation. One of our internal web-sites got a bit of a
> > shock. They accessed the page via the proxy and got a porn site instead.
> > This is probably an anomalous occurance, rather than a bug. I'm curious
> > if anyone's seen anything resembling it before, though.
> two or three times now I've had to nuke the cache because too many URLs
> were returning porn through the cache (even after a sane restart of
> squid). And when our homepage does that.. .*shudder*
> on all occasions I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in any
> logfiles...
>
> *looks at proxy boxes and ponders how much is actually porn*
>
> And squid, as yet, doesn't have 'random_inexplicable_porn off' ;)

Heh. A quick glance through the logfiles seems to indicate that less than a
quarter of our traffic seems to be porn.
Curious. I'd really expected it to be 80% or higher, people being people.

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440