Java security errors and squid

From: Sean T. Lamont .lost. <zeno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 15:05:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi there. I'm having some trouble proxying particular java applets through
squid. Originally, I thought it was because the proxy server was pulling
down the applet and the applet was trying to form a TCP connection, which
is disallowed, but I think that's not the case. The reason: we're doing
IP address translation, so the client using the proxy is actually, from the
net's perspective, the same IP# as the proxy.

(Specifically, this is the NewsTicker applet.)

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Sean T. Lamont, President / Chief NetNerd, Abstract Software, Inc. (ServNet)
- Internet access * WWW hosting * TCP/IP * UNIX * Java & WWW Development -
email: lamont@abstractsoft.com WWW: http://www.serv.net
"...There's no moral, it's just a lot of stuff that happens". - H. Simpson