FW: non-standard ports/real audio

From: Ken Piotto <krp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 97 14:24:16 EST

Hi

I've got squid 1.17 running on a sparc 20 and serving about 20 users who
proxy from an internal lan. The server is not behind a firewall but directly
accesses the internet.

How does squid handle http requests to non-standard ports or proxy things
like real audio. Maybe a better question is what needs to be configured to
allow these to work. I've tried http-gw spawned from inetd but I think may
be confusing squid right now. Sorry if this is a FAQ.

Ken

Ken Piotto
Bell Solutions
krp@bellglobal.com