Re: Squid vs Apache

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:48:54 -0500 (EST)

Well, judging from the list you posted to, I assume you are already
expecting the answers you will recieve ;-)

Squid is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the Apache cache. Apache's cache is
still in alpha/beta/testing if I remember right too. Squid is released and
well tested, and known to work. Also, Squid is specifically intended to
cache, while Apache does it as an add-on to its primary function of web
serving.

Joining a hierarchy (or creating one inside your company) is a big plus
for Squid too.

And since both are free, you can afford to expieriment :-)

        -Bill