Re: Squid vs Apache

From: A.Saeed <arsh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:14:03 +0500 (PKT)

I think some people needs administrative aspects and some needs caching
aspects.I think the need is to reduce the traffic congestion and for this
we need proxy server and to decide which is a better performer.Implement
it yourself apache is a web server (fine) only and it is provided with a
small cacheing model , however squid is made for caching.
Today I got the feedback from one of our ISPs and they regarded squid as
the best against netscape proxy ,apache,cern.I did setup their proxy .The
are quite happy using cachemgr,squidstats.sh script .

regards
arshad