Re: Log rotation again

From: Miles Lott <milos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 02:11:44 -0600

At 01:29 AM 11/21/97 , Tilman Schmidt wrote:
>You mean you get files named /usr/local/squid/cache/log.0 and so on, but
>/usr/local/squid/logs/*.log grow without bounds? No, that's not at all
>normal. It should be the other way around.

Actually, the date changes on the /usr/local/squid/cache/log file and some
other
zero-length file appears (log.recent or some such thing). I am not sure if
it is
modified otherwise. The latter is true - no changes in the logs directory.
Apparently very weird...

>Did you check /usr/local/squid/logs/cache.log for any messages dated around
>the time you sent SIGUSR1 to squid?

Yes, the info is there saying the logs have been rotated. I am also pretty
that squid is aware of their (default) location, since they do in fact grow.
I do not recall any errors in compilation, either.
I'll post more specific info from the cache log when I get back tomorrow.