Re: Features

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:40:42 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Umar Goldeli wrote:

> YES!
> I love it! More power to compressed pipes!
> Wonderful... need I say more?
> > Compressed intercache compressions. I've made a lame hack of this for my
> > home squid: I use ssh to setup a non-encrypted compressed pipe and use

I have some questions:

- would this be for specific persistent connections, or all connections?
- if for all connections, what of already compressed files?
- what is the performance hit for the compression over lots of small
  text files?

Don't get me wrong - the idea of compressed pipes sounds good; I'm just
curious as to what sort of benefits one might expect, that's all.

Thanks..

dave