Re: squid in linux/alpha?

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 17:48:06 +0000

On Fri 28 Nov, 1997, "Roberto A. Lumbreras Pastor" <rover@lander.es> wrote:

>so objects are erased while others come in. Somebody suggested this
>to avoid expensive expiration periods, and with my pentium box it
>works ok; squid on linux/alpha tries to divide by 0... :-?
>
>I'll change cache_swap_{low,high} and try to find why that evil /0
>happens then }:-]

It's an error to set the two values the same, because you get a divide
by zero case. (Which probably means that the whole chunk of code wants
a revisit to ensure that it really is doing what you think it is
doing.)

The reason that FreeBSD then gives you an FPE is because their
implementation of double integer division uses FP routines.

(this has been mentioned in the past on the squid-users list)

-- jrg.