Re: Fw: EUREKA! I have redirected it!

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 11:18:58 +1000

You don't, I'm afraid. Not unless someone has written and _extremely_ clever
piece of software.
FTP is a much more complex protocol, and does not work much like HTTP, so you
can't blindly redirect it to the proxy and expect it to work.

BTW, there's a 0.3 version of transproxy at it's home site.

Benjamin Michael VanWagner wrote:

> A friend of mine sent me this to redirect packet from a port on one mhine to
> a dfferent port on another
>
> works great
> \
> thought it might help some of ya
>
> in doing wierd packet redirections
>
> btw how do i cache ftp
>
> do i set up a rule to send prt 21 data to 3128 also

> Name: transproxy-0.2.tgz
> transproxy-0.2.tgz Type: WinZip File (application/x-compressed)
> Encoding: base64

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440