problem with ftp

From: <weis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 22:29:06 -0500 (EST)

I am using squid 1.2beta7 with the latest pathes.

I was setting in the squid.conf the maximum size for objects that get
cached to 128KB

My problem:
I was dowloading a file with the size of 180MB and squid was caching the
file. Is that a bug or is it normal?
The problem is that squid starts to cache the file and if a user stops
the download the file is still in the cache. The users starts the
download again and squid will cache the file again. That wouldn't be so
bad if squid wouldn't grow more then the maximum swap space. I get that
error message in the cache.log

WARNING: Disk space over limit: -107213 KB > 102400 KB

Thanx

Dominik