No ICP Replies

From: Rainer Klier <Rainer.Klier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:47:57 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

we are working with squid 1.1.16 and the only parentproxy we can contact
is a netscape 2.53 proxy. Our squid.conf says:

cache_host proxy1.fth.sbs.de parent 81 7 weight=10 no-query default

As far as I know, no ICP replies should be sent to this proxy. But
often we get: No ICP replies an the host is beyond the firewall.
The logfile says something like:
881217134.637 45 145.121.100.6 ERR_CANNOT_FETCH/400 966 GET http://www.owo.com/main.html - NO_DIRECT_FAIL/www.owo.com -

Are there any ICP requests sent to this parentproxy ? In case yes: what
do I have to do, to avoid this problem ? In fact the parentproxy is
never down in this time we do get those messages (a telnet proxy1.fth.sbs.de 81
works without probs). Another proxyadmin said, that an upgrade to 1.1.18
wouldn't help.

Thanx in advance,

Rainer

--
   ______
  /|     |  Rainer Klier      | Wahr sind auch die Erinnerungen, die wir mit
	    URL   : http://www.franken.de/users/tychen/rrklier/