Problem with transparent proxy mode

From: Jack Lee <jack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:07:25 -0500

Hi,

We are a new comer to Squid so hoping to get some help on our problem.

The Squid (1.1.18) is running on Linux 2.0.32 with 256M RAM. Everything
seemed to be running fine except that we are having problem with a
certain web site. Two things seemed to be wrong. Squid seemed to not
be able to handle redirect and that certain graphics can not download
properly.

The site in question is www.njit.edu. During the download of their main
page, some graphics were currupted but will work fine if we take squid
out of the way. Next, when people are trying to access a page that has
redirect on it, it fails. Here is the output generated from the client
program:

client -p 80 http://www.njit.edu/Catalog/cis670

HTTP/1.0 400 Cache Detected Error
Server: squid/1.1.18