Re: Changing configuration without restarting

From: Massimiliano Liccardo <mliccardo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:39:01 +0100

sanjayk@ssdi.sony.com.sg wrote:

> You can implement the changes by issuing the command
> "squid -k reconfigure". You don't have to restart the process.
>
> Sanjay

Yes, of course....but squid stops for a while: current connections have
a lifetime limit (shutdown_lifetime parameter) while new connections
obtain a network error during this period.
I think an implementation where squid listens on a administration port
and reloads without "stop'n'start" their ACLs. Maybe the ACL lists can
be loaded on a shared memory where squid and his administration tool
read/write by a semaphore. Yes, 2000 is not so far......

--
Max Liccardo                    mliccardo@tim.it   (at work)
                                mliccardo@mclink.it   (at home)