Re: cachemgr (was: verifying)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:33:39 +0100

Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> I gather that you need a web server running on the Squid's
> host for that.

The cachemgr.cgi program can live on any web-server, that is authorized
to use the cache manager interface (see the ACL lists in squid.conf).

> Or is there a way to use cachemgr from the shell?

Not cachemgr.cgi. You can use client to retreive the raw data, but then
you have to parse it your self.

URL syntax:
  cache_object://server/request[@password]

Possible requests (squid1.2b8):

shutdown (*)
  Shut down Squid
info
  General info about the Squid server
objects
  List all cached objects
vm_objects
  List all hot-cached/transit objects (in-memory)
utilization
  Cache utilization (hit rates)
ipcache
  List cached IP numbers
fqdncache
  ?
dns
  Show status and utilization of the dnsserver processes
redirector
  Show status and utilization of the redirector processes
io
  IO histogram
reply_headers
  Reply headers histogram
filedescriptors
  List all active file descriptors
netdb
  List the contents of the netdb database
storedir
  Show status for the store directories
cbdata
  Show status for call-back data (mostly for debugging)
log_status (*)
  Not implemented
log_enable (*)
  Not implemented
log_disable (*)
  Not implemented
log_clear (*)
  Not implemented
log (*)
  Not implemented
server_list
  Show status of configured peer servers
non_peers
  Show bogous peer servers (ICP replies received from a non-peer server)
client_list
  List clients using this server, and some histograms on their use.
config
  Show squid.conf
pconn
  A histogram on the use of persistent connections
5min
  Some statistical info..

and some other that is not implemented at all (not even the keyword).