Re: Growing RAM usage by SQUID

From: John Sloan <johns@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:30:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Bill Petersen wrote:

> John,
> What did you have to do to make this work?
> Download GNU's malloc, compile and link with squid?
>
> Regards,
> Bill

I got the site from the squid users guide. The one I'm using is:

ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/misc/malloc-implementations/malloc.tar.gz

Compile this, and you get an alloc.o. Simplest way to use it was to make
sure the GCC line which links the squid binary includes it first, so I
editted the appropriate src/Makefile line

squid: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(SQUID_LIBS)

becomes:

squid: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) -o $@ alloc.o $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(SQUID_LIBS)

There are probably more elegant ways to do it, but it worked for me.

John