Re: proxy bandwidth

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 00:59:22 -0500 (EST)

Well, Squid tends to stay pretty close to the client in terms of bandwidth
used to fetch an object. My expierience shows Squid using about what a
modem user can do while fetching objects for them. If you're trying to
limit a user's bandwidth you might want to try the DELAY_HACK patch for
Squid, or you could play with the traffic shaper in the Linux development
kernel (2.1.x).

As for myself, I let Squid use whatever bandwidth it deems necassary. Even
on leaf caches at our clients that have only 64k connects this doesn't
present any problems.

        -Bill