Increasing MAX_FD

From: Raffaele Marmiroli <rmarmiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:50:13 +0100

Hi all,

        can anyone tell me how to increase the MAX_FD value in my squid
configuration?
I've installed a rather large cache on my machine (9 Gigs or so) and squid
ran out of file descriptors, giving me message about exceeding the MAXFD of
the squid. I tried to decrease the client_lifetime, but it did'nt help so
much.
I see there is some reference to MAXFD in the source of the configure
utility; I thought I'll have to modify it in order to obtain a new
config.h, but I don't know where to make changes, or wether it's possible
to perform this increment.
Anyone could help?
(this is my main proxy, I can't have it restarting every two hours...)

Thanks,

        Raf