Re: fastfs and squid

From: Christopher Davis <ckd@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Jan 1998 14:48:15 -0500

IT> == IWAIZAKO Takahiro <rabit@dti.ad.jp>

 IT> I use fastfs with squid on Solaris 2.5.1. And squid works well.

Just be prepared for your crash recovery procedure on that filesystem to
involve newfs; it's possible to get a filesystem that fsck can't fix if
you're running with fastfs turned on.

I use it to speed up the initial -z run, then I turn it off; that's for
a low-usage squid on a filesystem that's sharing space with other
things, though, so I *have* to be a bit more careful. If it were on its
own filesystem (someday ;) I'd be much more likely to run fastfs-ized.