Re: Squid-1.1.9 and socks

From: <carson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:28:07 -0500 (EST)

>>>>> "Arjan" == Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@adv.IAEhv.nl> writes:

Arjan> I needed socks version 4 support (because the firewall is socks4) and it
Arjan> didn't work that easy with socks4. So I hacked it into the Squid source
Arjan> itself (the socks4 protocol is quite simple and I wanted to learn the Squid
Arjan> source code some more).

So tell the SOCKS5 client library that the server is SOCKS4. Done. :)

Of course, you need to make sure that ftpclient and friends are _also_ being
SOCKSified...

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@tla.org carson@cugc.org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html