RE: Is there a Squid port for NT going on?

From: Kostas Anagnostakis <kostas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 00:33:07 -0700 (MST)

There's also gnuwin32, basically a port of gcc and some tools (bash, grep,
sed, make) to win95+nt, which of course is under GPL. You might want to
check http://www.cygnus.com/
Sadly enough, it is still in beta, and "make" keeps crashing win95 for
some makefiles (including squid's). I also saw sed/grep hang my pc so
after a while I decided to install a cross-compiler on my freebsd box.
With this i got squid all the way to linking where to my dispair, every
function was said to be unresolved, and no signs of what might be going
wrong. So, that was it, I had enough of trying to port squid to 95/nt :)
If anyone's interested in taking his chances, I'd be more than glad to
share my stories.

-Kostas

ps: if you're generally interested in getting a unix-feel to windoz,
you'll get dissapointed pretty fast: it _just_ isn't the _real_ thing.