Re: access log

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:57:59 +0000

At 14:58 13.01.98 +0530, S Prabhakar wrote:
>As suggested by andrew i gave a kill -SIGUSR1 <squid.pid>
>which moved all logs files to ".0" extention and created
>fresh log files...
>
>do i need to keep this log files with *.0 really? or can i simply
>delete it?[will it affect performance of squid if i delete it?]

You can safely delete them. For the future, I'd suggest that you
change the "logfile_rotate" parameter in squid.conf to 1, and set
up a cron job to call "squid -k rotate" (same effect as the "kill"
command above but easier to handle) every night. That way, your
log files will be truncated daily, you'll have the previous day's
logs in the *.0 files to look at, just in case, and all older logs
are automatically deleted.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
SEMA GROUP GmbH                 tilman@schmidt.bn.eunet.de (private)