Filedescriptor Leak in 1.1.18 ?

From: Rainer Klier <Rainer.Klier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:03:52 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

we are running a site with an average of 25.000 hits per hour. After
a while the "Number of file desc currently in use" increases up
to about 925 or so (Maximum number of file descriptors: 1024) and then
only once in a while a request gets through. As far as I can see
it only allows a new connect, when another one is closed. Of course
the performance turns towards 0. UDP queries are served as usual. Is this
a general problem on higher loaded systems ?
One more thing I don't understand. Max number ob filedescriptors
per process on our system is 2048 (HP-UX B.10.20). Squid says:
Maximum number of file descriptors: 1024. Why ?
My squid version 1.1.18.

Rainer

PS: Someone said there was a commercial version of squid too ?

--
   ______
  /|     |  Rainer Klier      | Wahr sind auch die Erinnerungen, die wir mit
	    URL   : http://www.franken.de/users/tychen/rrklier/